This presentation on MS Office workflow design by Jensen Harris gives some insights into the remarkably thoughtful analysis and design behind commercial software. It describes all the frustrations I feel about MS Office in more detail than I could imagine.
It is interesting that the developers in large companies know so much about the irritation caused by their employers' products. I hope that indicates that future products will have fewer of these problems.
The analysis techniques in this presentation are work looking at. They involve observing users and tracking keystrokes, gaze and other hard information.
If you work on UI design then I recommend that you watch this video.
Unforced Variations: Oct 2026
-
This month’s open thread. El Niño continues to build, annual mean
temperatures are starting to become clear, sea ice is doing it’s thing, and
NYC Climate...
4 days ago

1 comment:
Microsoft seems to staffing up on designers: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-9932571-39.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=Underexposed
Post a Comment