27 December 2013

Digital Signal Processing MOOC

I just finished Paolo Prandoni's and Martin Vetterli's Digital Signal Processing course on Coursera.

I did not spend much time on this course unlike the MOOCs I had studied before. I have worked on various types of signal processing in my career and I as I progressed through this course I found most of the material was familiar to me.

Digital Signal Processing is a diverse collection of subjects defined is Wikipedia as  being the mathematical manipulation of an information signal to modify or improve it in some way, including e the following laundry list: audio and speech signal processing, sonar and radar signal processing, sensor array processing, spectral estimation, statistical signal processing, digital image processing, signal processing for communications, control of systems, biomedical signal processing, seismic data processing, etc! 

The course syllabus was

  1. Discrete time signals
  2. Vectors spaces
  3. Fourier Analysis
  4. Linear Filters
  5. Interpolation and Sampling 
  6. Stochastic Signal Processing and Quantization 
  7. Image Processing
  8. Digital Communication Systems
The lectures were based on a very thorough online book that was so easy to read, I did not watch many of the lectures. The lectures seemed good for an introduction to the field.

Assessment was by quiz. I would have preferred programming assignments

My quiz results suggested that I understood all the material in the course expect design of ADSL.

9 comments:

jill bear said...

Peter, Back in 2009 you commented on Charlie Lynn's post re The Last Parade at Isurava, PNG. You asked who was "The Professor" in 9 Platoon of 2/14 Battalion. From my research, I believe it was VX16975 Denis (Des) O'Connor. He's the only one of the group around Lindsay Bear who isn't named out right in The Silent Men.
Regards,
Jill Bear

Dhiya L said...

Really n ice information i think. So please keep update like this

Java Training in Chennai

saki said...

thanks for shared wonderful information of giving best information.its more useful and more helpful. great doing keep sharing
Hadoop Training in Chennai

Abiya Carol said...

I just see the post i am so happy the post of information's.So I have really enjoyed and reading your blogs for these posts.Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

PPC Services in Chennai

Priyatamil said...

Wonderful bloggers like yourself who would positively reply encouraged me to be more open and engaging in commenting. So know it's helpful..
Study Abroad Consultants in Chennai | Study in Germany Consultants in Chennai | Germany Education Consultants in Chennai

Akshaysri said...

Very nice post here and thanks for it .I always like and such a super contents of these post.Excellent and very cool idea and great content of different kinds of the valuable information's.
best GMAT coaching classes in chennai

Sathya G said...

I have really enjoyed and reading your blogs for these posts.Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
Sharepoint Training in Chennai

Swethapriya said...



I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

Invisalign Treatment In Chennai | Painless Dental Treatment In Chennai

Shalini said...

Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.

Digital Marketing Company in Chennai