.. pretty darn banal.
Here is the long tail of the latest high-tech growth area, mobile phone applications, revealed in Top 10 UK Android Market apps revealed by T-Mobile . The shopping comparison applications, 3, 8 and 10 sound useful.
1. The Weather Channel – Provides customizable weather maps and alerts
2. MySpace Mobile – Allows MySpace users to keep connected via their T-Mobile G1
3. ShopSavvy – Allows users to scan a product’s barcode and compare prices online
4. Daily Horoscope – Offers a daily fix of astrology
5. Free Dictionary Org – Works just like a traditional dictionary
6. Ringdroid – Allows users to create their own ringtones using MP3 tracks, or by recording their own
7. Backgrounds – 50,000 backgrounds available to customise your T-Mobile G1
8. Barcode Scanner – Similar to ShopSavvy, allows users to scan a CD or book’s barcode to look up prices or reviews
9. Save MMS – Allows users to save images, video or audio from MMS text messages directly to the G1’s memory card
10. Compare Everywhere – Another shopping comparison service that uses the G1’s camera to scan a product’s barcode to find out more information and comparative prices
It's difficult to know whether to take this as a comment on the British, trendy mobile phone users, technophiles, or the human race in general.